The manufacturing process takes place with a minimal environmental impact and basically generates no by-products.
Fiandre once again exibhits its leadership also with the complete certification of the environmental, manufacturing and commercial cycles.
- EMAS REGULATION: environmental efficiency standards for industrial activities and presentation of pertinent information to the public;
- ISO 9001 NORM: quality system model which evaluates the organization's capability of supplying certain products or services;
- ISO 14001 NORM: environmental management system model leading to the formulation of an environmental policy in which targets are established taking into account legal requirements and information on significant environmental impact.
GranitiFiandre porcelain tile materials offer a further guarantee for the environment also in the phase of the removal of the working residues.
At the end of their life cycle they do not require treatments since, due to the high chemical inertia, they do not release substances in the environment, they are fully considered inert materials.
All Fiandre porcelain tile products guarantee specifications which go beyond legal and industrial standards in Europe and in the United States in terms of hardness, freeze-thaw resistance, wear, and chemical attack.
Fiandre accomplishes this remaining environmentally conscious during both the extraction and processing stages.
Fiandre’s Legacy of Green is vital to our production of porcelain surfacing products that are and always have been sustainable, green, and environmentally-friendly because they are made with 100% all natural minerals, including: quartz, kaolin, clay, feldspar, silica, and natural coloring agents. They are also sustainable because of what isn’t there: no sealants, waxes, epoxies, man-made binders, or artificial coloring agents that could add to harmful VOC off-gassing after installation.
A commitment to green necessitates a thorough understanding of a product’s future. Fiandre products are designed to last a lifetime. With a hardness rating that is 30% harder than granite and a low porosity rating, our materials are more durable than any other hard surfacing product. These characteristics result in a reduction of future materials usage, along with a high stain resistance that reduces maintenance requirements. And, our materials are chemically inert making them stable fill for construction sites and for use as ground material in road beds, which reduces the need for quarried gravel.
Our worldwide corporate environmental stewardship is hallmarked with significant investments in materials usage efficiency, water resource management, air quality protection, and energy efficiency.
- Fiandre production is a closed-loop process that recycles 100% of raw material and water wastes back into the production cycle.
- Fiandre polishing factory reclaims residue from the polishing process and the material is fired into a durable ingredient for highway paving. All water from the polishing factory is recycled back into the production line.
- Carton boxes for finished products
- Plastic to pack the pallets
- Paper in all offices
Installation Site Air Quality
- Fiandre products do not contain added VOC’s. With proper use and maintenance, these materials help reduce overall off-gassing, which aids in meeting LEED interior air quality standards.
- No sealants or waxes are required that could add harmful VOC’s to a building.
- Stain-resistant surface reduces the need for harsh cleaning agents.
- Simple maintenance with pH-neutral cleaning products is all that is needed.
Fiandre manufacturing facilities use anti-pollution devices that far exceed the minimum standards required by law including:
- Smoke depurators
- Sand depurators (regeneration and reutilization)
- Water purifiers (total depuration, regeneration, and reutilization)
- Reutilization of heat from the kilns
- Reutilization of production losses
Fiandre’s Cumberland County, Tennessee, manufacturing facility is located within 500 miles of major markets for LEED projects. In addition, the factory has been built nearby its major extraction sources for raw materials, which are also within a 500-mile distance to major LEED building markets.