Active Clean Air & Antibacterial Ceramic™ is the result of years of commitment and sensitivity towards eco-sustainability on the part of Fiandre and Iris Ceramica Group.
Active Clean Air & Antibacterial Ceramic™ is the new-generation ceramic that contributes towards purifying the air we breathe and making floor and wall tiling - and therefore the environment we live in - cleaner, healthier and more hygienic. Active Clean Air & Antibacterial Ceramic™ changes the slabs by Fiandre into a sort of eco-active, antipollution and antibacterial "supermaterial".
Active Clean Air & Antibacterial Ceramic™ is a photocatalytic product which, thanks to the combined action of light (natural and artificial), air (oxygen), moisture and titanium dioxide, is capable of exploiting all the properties of photocatalytic materials, namely:
1. Antibacterial Action: we constantly come into contact with bacteria, some of which are extremely dangerous for our health. ACTIVE is 99.99% effective on all bacteria, from the most common, such as Escherichia Coli, to the most dangerous, the likes of Methicillin-resistant Staphylococcus Aureus (antibiotic-resistant MRSA).
2. Antipollution Action: thanks to the photocatalytic process, volatile pollutants are converted into harmless products, specifically in the presence of light or moisture, whether natural or artificial. The antipollution action has been demonstrated by specific tests conducted in certified academic laboratories; formaldehyde and nitrogen oxides were chosen as reference molecules for indoor and outdoor pollution, respectively.
3. Self-cleaning Action: dirt has no grip thanks to the new hydrophilic properties of the photocatalytic surface and cleaning proves easier even without aggressive detergents (which are in themselves pollutants), but simply with water and neutral detergents. Out in the open, rain is capable of cleaning the surfaces, while keeping the original colours unfaded and preventing future maintenance.
4. Anti odour Action: organic odorous molecules are degraded and destroyed thanks to the photocatalytic properties of the eco-active surfaces, which eliminate unpleasant odours. Laboratory tests on highly malodorous molecules, such as methyl mercaptan (which is usually added to methane and has the typical strong smell of rotten cabbage) or alpha-pinene (the typical fragrance of pine) have demonstrated the complete effectiveness of ACTIVE in the degradation of this type of molecule.
ACTIVE Clean Air & Antibacterial Ceramic™ is clean: outdoor wall tiling made with ACTIVE slabs is dirt-repellent because photocatalysis prevents smog from clinging to the surface, in practice eliminating the need to resort to detergents.
Simply wiping the surface with water, or rain falling down the vertical outdoor wall, will make all the dirt flow away!
ACTIVE Clean Air & Antibacterial Ceramic™ is safe: tests conducted on ACTIVE slabs guarantee its effectiveness in the use of both outdoor and indoor wall tiling and flooring. Owing to their properties, ACTIVE slabs are suitable, advisable even, for all settings where high standards of cleanliness, health and hygiene are a priority: homes, wellness centres, hotels, restaurants, gyms, schools, clinics, laboratories and hospitals.
New ACTIVE 2.0
In addition to the above properties and characteristics, the new ACTIVE 2.0 has been in production since October 2017. This product stands out for the new properties afforded by a TiO2 that has been "drugged" with metals (patented preparation), that guarantees superior performance levels.
ACTIVE 2.0 retains all the photocatalytic properties specified above, enhancing them, while it is still digitally produced and vitrified on the surface, but the presence of metals ensures:
1. Antibacterial activity, even in the dark.
2. The enhancement of all the photocatalytic properties, from self-cleaning to anti odour, antipollution with greater efficiency, which translates to shorter time frames to purify the air around a confined environment.
3. Antipollution efficiency, even with LED lights.
To find out more, visit: https://www.active-ceramic.com